Monday 22 October 2012

A little girl named Tujire

 A little girl named Tujire
Just painted this portrait of Tujire from a picture that  was sent to me when I first started sponsoring her. In the picture she was 10 years old. Oh, I know it's hard to believe. She was new to the orphanage then and she probably lived through too much already.  Well, I trust that she got her childhood back, or at least a part of it. She now lives in a safe home, goes to school, she learned to do her chores, help others, she is a kind and a  responsible young girl.  Her 14th birthday is coming up very soon, she grew and so did her hair, and she smiles now.
I am very much looking forward to seeing her in person and the other 150 children in the orphanage. I want to see their every day life, hear their stories, hope their hope. I want to see the country village and the lives of people there, I want to see the whole picture and make sense of it. I think, I know what to expect, but then, I think it's a bit arrogant to think so. I can only wish that something good comes from my visit and that my help matters. I am grateful for SOS Children's Villages organization  soschildrensvillages.ca and the wonderful work they are doing to help children in desperate need all around the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment